2022 Blanchard Beast Virtual Race
Virtual Race Rules
Sorry upfront for the long read...
1Running the Course
- To keep the difficulty level of the race consistent across all runners you must run the entire course located at Blanchard State Forest as indicated on the course map. We will not accept results ran elsewhere.
- You have until Monday November 14 to run the course as many times as you like.
- The course is an open course and (for most of the course) is open to horseback riding and mountain biking. Please follow proper trail etiquette while running.
- A Discover Pass is required to park at Blanchard State Forest.
2Timing & Results
- —Once completed with your run you must log the result to our system regardless if it is on Strava or not.
- —GPS data is required to qualify for time-based and attempt-based awards.
- —The GPS track must go through the five waypoints shown on the course map.
- —The results are calculated by a segment detection program. If you believe there is an issue with the time it gave you, please flag it. Note that if you use Strava the results may differ since Strava uses "moving time" unless the activity is marked as a "race".
- —The uphill and downhill rankings will be based on the cumulative time of the two uphill/downhill segments shown on the course map. Note that there are some rolly hills in the segments so just because you are on a downhill section that doesn't mean there will be no climbs!
- —The results are only as good as your GPS's accuracy so the reported times may differ some from your recorded time.
- —It is recommended that you use the fastest interval your GPS can handle, ex. 1 second, to decrease the likelihood for error in your results.
Rules are subject to change.